Saturday, May 11, 2019

Getting it sorted out, sort of.

So, I’ve been on Tamoxifen now for about a month and am finishing the process of sorting out another medicine (non cancer) that had to be changed because it interacted with Tamoxifen.  And I feel like my body is starting to adjust.  I’m feeling more normal.  But let me say, Tamoxifen is causing ridiculous hot flashes!   And I live in Texas where it’s hot already! So, in a heated frenzy, I have DIY’d all my T-shirt’s into tank tops in a little design I call the “Larissa Tank“.  I have been getting lots of compliments on them and people keep asking me how I made them.  So, I might do a little workshop on how to transform old t-shirts into the “Larissa Tank” - a wine and scissors event🍷✂️!    Which sounds dangerous but fun.  Stay tuned for more on that enterprise.
The Larissa Tank out flying a kite.
But I do feel like I am adjusting.  I am feeling stronger. I just rest when I need it.  My body tells me when I need it.  I tried to ignore it at first.  But my body knows better.  It slams on the breaks and blows a whistle.  And I take a little rest or nap and I’m good to go.

Speaking of going, I had the pleasure to go to the Dominican Republic for 5 days at the beginning of May with my husband.   He needed to go for business. And I was very glad to be able to join him.  It just so happened that it coincided with our 14th wedding anniversary.

Here are some pictures from Punta Cana, Dominican Republic.  The water really is that blue.  I’m so grateful to have had time to relax, feel grounded by the sand on my feet, and reconnect with my husband.










1 comment:

Amber said...

I’m glad you are adjusting. I love the Dominican Republic and I’m so glad you got to go and relax and Happy Anniversary! Love and Hugs ❤️