Monday, June 10, 2019

Summer is here.

Hello, friends! Haven’t updated in a while because I have been full speed ahead with summer vacation 2019!  Taking in movies, and bowling, going to library events, eating mangos, catching up with friends and splashing in swimming pools galore!

Me in a “larissa tank” eating a mango flower carved by my husband.
I have also been putting the finishing touches on a set list for my upcoming show at Open Space on June 15th.  I am really looking forward to doing another intimate show at this venue.  It’s like getting to play for all your best friends hanging out in your living room while you drink wine (or whatever beverage of choice - it’s byob).   I will be doing a bit of “the best of Larissa” set.  Pulling from songs I have written over the past 20 years and adding a few brand spanking new ones too!  I will be telling the stories behind them.  And what’s its like to have been diagnosed with breast cancer at a young age and what it’s like to have it come back 17 years later.   So gather ‘round while I tell my sad tale of woe!  I promise it won’t be all tears.   Hoping it will be fun and relaxing as well.

BYOB (bring your own beverage and/or blanket for floor seating)
As for health stuff, I’m ok.  Been kinda tired again and dealing with some new side-effects.   I have my 3 month follow-up at the end of this month.  Until then, I will be swimming and singing and soaking up the sun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a work.Keep on posying
DalagangFilipina.info