Friday, August 21, 2020

where do we go from here?

I have been trying to write a long catch up post about covid, self isolation, music and cancer.  

But I am not feeling it.  I don't want to explain anything.  Because I feel like I am still figuring shit out.

What I do want to say is that I plan on releasing my album soon.  Hopefully September.  And I will be donating 100% of all the album’s bandcamp sales  to The Black Women’s Health Imperative.  

Because...  Black Lives Matter.  

And because...my album is mostly about my experience as a breast cancer survivor.  And I realize due to my privilege that I have had a much different experience than many women in the United States.  Black women face inequities in healthcare. And it is not fair. 

I feel like the album could raise money to support health care for those in need.  And I feel like maybe the songs might help someone going through a cancer diagnosis.  Or any kind of serious illness. 

I want to move forward.  

Look for more details soon.  




No comments: