Tuesday, December 03, 2019

This just in...


I had my 6 month follow-up scans this morning in preparation for a follow-up visit in two weeks with my oncologist.  I didn’t expect to hear any results right away with it being the Monday after Thanksgiving weekend.  I usually don't expect much at all.  But today, I felt really and truly positive about things.  Maybe it was the holidays?  Maybe it was acceptance.  Maybe it was the breakfast tacos waiting for me in my purse for after the scans. 🌮🌮  I don't know?   But I wasn't filled with the normal “scanxiety” (a word survivors use to describe the panic and dread associated with follow-up scans).
Purse Tacos
I came home feeling tired as hell and rather nauseated from the contrast dye used in an MRI.  I decided to take the afternoon off and just relax.  Then at 5pm, the phone rang.  It was my oncologist’s office calling with... good news!!!!!!   My largest nodule had shrunk by 50%!!!!!!!!!!  The medicine is working!   Yes!!!!!!  All the shit I’ve been through this past year has paid off!  

I took a photo of myself at the imaging center in the cool new spa-like robe they gave me to wear.  I thought I looked like a Jedi.  And now I totally feel like one.   

The Force is strong in this one!

This is my “holy shit, i really did it!” face. 

No comments: