Thursday, October 29, 2009

halloweenies...

so it is almost halloween. one of my favorite holidays. or at least it was in my youth. i loved dressing up. obscure home-made costumes were the best. as i child i remember many an october 31st going door to door having to explain who i was supposed to be. "um, i'm a muse.... one of 9 sisters? daughter of zeus? inspiration for the arts?" no, i wasn't that into greek mythology. i just had seen xanadu five million times (thanks to my truly patient dad and his wehrenberg theatre passes). then there was the year i was annette ant (fictional female twin to adam)...


i've been vampire brides, cheerleaders, a siamese-twin, nico (from the velvet underground), yoko ono, frida, and loretta lynn. but tonight, i have a show. and i got nuthin. maybe it's all the rain. did i mention it rains a lot here!!!!!?? but i just don't feel like dressing up. maybe because most of the fun with costumes comes from getting to be somebody else for a night. getting to escape your life for a moment. and for once in my life, i like who i am and where i'm at. so, i'll don my regular ol'black & sparkly band gear. slap on some regular ol'dark eyeshadow, red lipstick & glitter. and be myself. although, part of me still wants to spill some fake blood....

No comments: