Wednesday, May 18, 2005

i lit a candle.

This is the bell tower from the Church of San Giovanni Battista in Castiglione della Pescaia. Castiglione is a quaint little Mediterranean town we stumbled upon while driving down the coast of Italy on our honeymoon. The church is attached to the castle which stands at the top of the hill overlooking the city and the sea. Jason and I climbed up the hill and wandered around the castle grounds when we discovered this church. I felt drawn to it and stepped inside. It was so cold and ancient. You could feel the souls of all the people through out time that had prayed here. You could feel history. You could feel tradition. You could feel faith. I am not a very religious person. However, I do believe in prayer although I had never really felt comfortable praying myself. But here, in this church on the top of the hill, I found comfort. I walked up to the front and lit a candle. I lit it for all my Sisters. Those who are fighting right now. Those who are thriving. And those who are our Angels. Posted by Hello

2 comments:

Guinnah said...

stop. making. me. cry.

Laura said...

Thank you sis...
and hey, I think you prayed there! :o)
(((((((hugs))))))
Laura